About Me

My photo
I married my best friend two years ago and we are expecting our first little one in June. Riley is still pursuing his mechanical engineering degree and I'm working at a gym teaching fitness classes. We are so blessed and love all the insane things life has to bring.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

One Year Later

One year ago on Jan 15 I took a handsome man to the Salt Lake Temple made him mine forever. At the time I wasn't sure if I was ready for marriage, but I knew I wanted Riley and it turned out to be the best decision I have ever made. Marriage has definitely had its ups and downs of course, and I've learned a lot.  I've had a lot of people tell me the first year is the hardest... well if thats has hard as it's goi ng to get, I think I can handle it. I know that won't be the toughest it gets, but it would be nice if it were.


To celebrate our one year I booked us a romantic package at the Zermatt Resort in Midway. It was just what the doctor ordered. Relaxing in the hot tub, pools and spa was aaa-mazing. When we got there the bed was turned down in roses and a cute heart towel design. It was so cute! For dinner we had two choices, a fancy shmancy restaurant or a casual grill/bar. Since we never get anything fancy we decided to go for it; lets just say there's a reason we don't do anything fancy. We aren't fancy people. It was fun anyway, we got there right when it opened so we were the only ones in the restaurant for a while, and the waiters kept bringing us out fancy appetizers "compliments of the chef" we didn't complain. We pretty much spent the rest of our stay relaxing, niether of us wanted to leave.

It was fun to look back and think of all the things we've experienced, how far we've come in a year, and all the fun we've been able to have. We look forward to many many more years to come!







I realized I never posted any wedding pictures... So I'll do it now I mean who doesn't love to show those off?



All the awesome people who came to share that day with us


Parents




My sisters


Neices and Nephews, aren't they cute?!







1 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the wedding photos! Time flies by so quick, enjoy each other! Happy Anniversary! xoxo