About Me

My photo
I married my best friend two years ago and we are expecting our first little one in June. Riley is still pursuing his mechanical engineering degree and I'm working at a gym teaching fitness classes. We are so blessed and love all the insane things life has to bring.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ode to Daddies

For some reason when I see a man cuddling a baby or pushing a stroller he becomes 10 times more attractive.  A baby just melts the rough exterior of the man who normally tries to be gruff and tough. I can't wait to see Riley wrapped around a little girls finger and try to say no to her..
 

We don't have kids of our own yet obviously, but by the way I see Riley interact with the nieces and nephews, I know he's going to be a great dad.  This is one of the reasons I fell in love with him :-)

I've had a lot of good examples in my life of men who taught me not only how to work hard but also how to play hard. I never really realized how good of a childhood I had until I grew up and looked back. I got pretty lucky to be put in the family that I was... I may be a little partial but I think we're pretty awesome. 

I just found this poem and thought it was appropriate.

Ode To Dads

Any time we had a problem dad was always there.
Whether it was large or small he always seemed to care.
He had a quiet confidence in everything he'd do.
He wouldn't let things bother him and we could feel that too.

We'd try to do things on our own, that was how we were raised.
But dad was there in case we failed, and he was never fazed.
He'd pick us up and dust us off and show us how it's done.
He made things seem so easy; even hard jobs seemed like fun.

Sometimes dad was a chef working at the barbeque
I still can smell that smoke, as he’d cook a steak or two.
Sometimes he was a chauffer driving here and driving there.
Sometimes we drove him crazy. (I'm surprised he still has hair.)

The years have come, the years have gone, but one fact still remains
Our dad is still there for us, some things just never change.
And looking back on all those years there's just one thing to say.
We love you dad and hope you have a super Father's Day.

0 comments: