About Me

My photo
I married my best friend two years ago and we are expecting our first little one in June. Riley is still pursuing his mechanical engineering degree and I'm working at a gym teaching fitness classes. We are so blessed and love all the insane things life has to bring.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Babies All Around!

Awe, I love the holidays.  The pretty lights, family parties, cute decorations, shopping... just all of it.

It makes me happy.

Which is important in the midst of baby making me ill. I'm just barely out of my first trimester and things were looking up for a few days but then they went right back to not feeling well. People lied to me when they said week 12 was the "magic week" nu uh the magic didn't work.

Here are few things that baby doesn't like so far @ week 14:
-Dairy (any type) which cut down immensly on a lot of the food I like
- Hot chocolate
- Pickles or peppers; unfortunately this one took me a few times to figure out, and boy to they burn on the way back up
- Riding in cars
- Mornings
- Afternoons
- Nights
- Riley's breath... sorry babe
- Orange Juice

and more that I just can't think of right now. But all of it is worth it.

On a much, much brighter note, at our last Dr. apt we were able to hear the heartbeat. Probably one of the most amazing things I've ever heard. It sounded like a little train chuggin along, and it put a connection between everything and I wish I could hear it every day... music to my ears.  I haven't really had any cravings and I've lost 10 lbs (not on purpose) but I am starting to get a little belly.. other than that, things are moving right along. I'm greatful everyday for what I have, and try not to complain because I know there are those who have it way worse. I'll take my trials any day over the trials of others. I hope that doesn't curse me..

Congrats as well to my sister Shellie. We are both preggo with our first kid, she's one month ahead of me and they just found out they are having a boy! Very exciting.

2 comments:

gillian said...

I am so happy for you shar! How fun! I am sorry you are so sick. I have thrown up the whole time too. Some people just are unlucky I guess... haha! By 20 weeks though (I am 26 weeks now) I was only throwing up once a week, so hopefully you will get there. Good luck with it all! At least you know when you throw up that baby is still growing!! :)

dianamorales said...

Holly Shii theres a baby in there!?

CONGRATS Shar!!
I guess you were right, when you thought you were pregnant at bootcamp!
Miss ya tons!