About Me

My photo
I married my best friend two years ago and we are expecting our first little one in June. Riley is still pursuing his mechanical engineering degree and I'm working at a gym teaching fitness classes. We are so blessed and love all the insane things life has to bring.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Lake Powell Birthdays

Lake Powell take two! If it weren't for this dang thing called work I might be ok just living there.

It also happened to mark another special event.... MY BIRTHDAY! I turned the ripe old age of 23, I know I'm an old fart.

I can't talk about the trip without mentioning the ride down. It was eventful to say the least. I'll just start @ the beginnning...

1. One lane traffic and construction in Spanish Fork Canyon where we overheated, due to the very heavy load and steep hills.  It took us about 2-ish hours to get to Price

2. A trailer tire blew just outside Price. It was changed in about 2 minutes (of course.. Hiatt boys).
Sandy and Noel went back to get a new tire which turned out to be a blessing in disguise because...

3. The radiator(? I'll probably get in trouble if I'm wrong) blew automatic transmission fluid EVERY WHERE somewhere on a highway in the middle of no where.  Cory who was also pulling his boat, was able to hook up the broken down truck and boat to his boat, and pull us to a good spot to pull over.
 Here's where the blessing comes; only one person was able to get service on their cell phone, we got a hold of Sandy and Noel to tell them to bring supplies to fix the leak. They were just far enough behind us to stop at a gas station and get the stuff before they too entered the desert.
When they got there it was fixed in no time and we were back on the road!










For my B-Day Riley surprised me with a sweet Transformers cake and party hats! I had no idea he did any of this and and was not expecting it.  It made me happy, he knows me well.


The rest of the trip was just awesome. I absolutely LOVE that family (but don't tell them I said that..)


Kaylee figured out the art of splashing Riley on the tube... and thoroughly enjoyed it!


Riley and Olivia





This one's funny... a solar powered raft dragging a wave runner. Each day it moved a little further and the people on board just chilled.




Kids cliff jumping




Riley and I jumping... It's higher than it looks, I swear.


YAY!! We get to fix something!


Finally he sleeps!


Riley's Final Jump



0 comments: