About Me

My photo
I married my best friend two years ago and we are expecting our first little one in June. Riley is still pursuing his mechanical engineering degree and I'm working at a gym teaching fitness classes. We are so blessed and love all the insane things life has to bring.

Friday, April 27, 2012

My Stupid Dilemma

My dilemma really is so silly, but I have to share. Here it is:

Shar - enjoys sports, loves baseball especially, and has always dreamt of her boys playing.
Riley - Loves grease, cars (anything with a motor) and tools wants to do those things with his son.

In fact, when I made the baseball baby shower invites Riley asked if we could put a disclaimer @ the bottom saying that he'll like dirt-bikes and stuff too. 
Which is totally fine. I 100% support all of that, and when the little punk is old enough he can like whatever he wants.

But for now....how do I decorate the babies room? Yup that's my problem ha ha. Oh the dumb things I worry about sometimes.

We painted the room in a way that could really fit either theme but when it came to the decorating part I spent an hour @ Hobby Lobby going back an forth between the cute sporty stuff and the equally cute tools and cars.  What did I purchase? Nothing.

Here's the room
The colors are a little off in the pic, but the top is grey and the bottom is turquoise 


So if any of you creative visionaries have an idea on how to combine the two I would love to hear them.


Other than that things are going great! Riley just finished @ UVU and he's headed to BYU.  He still has a while to go but it's another exciting step toward reaching his goal! Wahoo!!

I'm 34 weeks along and getting more and more excited every day to meet my little guy.  I'm still at the gym training and teaching classes which is pretty funny to see, but everyone is so nice and supportive.
He likes to hang out in my ribs which makes it hard to breath sometimes, and simultaneously kick my bladder. I still don't really have cravings (except last night when I couldn't get Krispy Kreme out of my head and had to go get some), I haven't swelled up or retained water and I've only gained a total of about 15-ish lbs.

All in all its been a good experience, definitely tough @ times too for sure.  We have a name picked out but I'm not telling :-) Riley still can't fathom that it's real. To him I'm just getting a weird belly, and I don't think he'll really believe it until he holds his child in his arms. That will make it all worth it.

6 weeks and counting!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Darling colors! How did you end up decorating the nursery?