About Me

My photo
I married my best friend two years ago and we are expecting our first little one in June. Riley is still pursuing his mechanical engineering degree and I'm working at a gym teaching fitness classes. We are so blessed and love all the insane things life has to bring.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Camden Jex

He's finally here!


He'll actually be 4 weeks on Monday so this post is a little delayed.. but with being a new mom, blogging has been the last thing on my mind.

Camden Jex Hiatt decided to join our family on June 4th at 9:59 pm, weighing in at 7lbs 13oz.  Thankfully he came 3 days before his due date. He's just perfect. He has a beautiful full head of dark brown hair, which is totally not what was expected from a red headed dad and blonde mom but it is the cutest thing you'll ever see :-).

Being a mom has been one of the hardest things I've ever done. Scratch that. It IS the hardest thing I've ever done. No one can prepare you for what it's really like, but it is also the most rewarding thing you'll ever experience.

I won't go into detail with the whole birth story thing but I will say that epidurals are amazing and people that have natural births are either my hero or crazy.
Here's the watered down version....


I would first like to say that I thought this kid was never going to come and I would just be pregnant forever. Around 6:30 am on the 4th I felt my first real contraction.  Throughout the whole pregnancy I hadn't really felt any big ones, so I thought it must be Braxton Hicks. This one hurt like crazy and I had a few more within the next hour, but I didn't think it was anything to stress about so I decided to tough it out and go to work.  Pretty sure I was in denial that this could actually be happening...  
I just had a few people to train that morning so I waddled into to the gym and got started.  I felt the need to pre-warned all of my clients that if I drop to the floor and curl up to just keep going and not worry; they looked at me weird cause I literally did drop to my knees a few times.  After my 3rd client I couldn't handle it anymore I had to get home, these weren't just braxton hicks and they were happening more and more.  So yes, I drove myself back home from Salem to Provo (luckily made it safely there), and called the Doctor. I talked to the NP who told me that if I could still walk, talk and breath during the contractions then I should wait. Well, I could breath... but not walk or talk and she told me to still wait it out.  I then called Riley at work to let him know what was going on and told him not to come home yet.  He knows me too well. He ignored the fact that I told him not to come home and he just said he would be there in a minute.
About a half hour after that we finally decided my contractions were bad enough to go to the hospital.  It was around noon when we got there and I was all hooked up to the machines.  They had to monitor me for an hour to see if I was far enough along for them to keep me or send me home.
That was the most painful hour of my life. There was no way in heck I was going to let them send me home.  When they decided I could stay, I couldn't get the drugs fast enough. After that it was a blissful waiting game. Long story short and G rated, for the next 9 hours we watched The Office; at 9:30 pm we were finally ready for the real work to start and at 9:59 pm our handsome little man was out.  Everything went smoothly and we couldn't ask for a cuter kid. We did a pretty dang good job :-)

It's crazy to see how much they change in such a short amount of time.  His facial expressions are priceless, he can already hold his head up pretty well and is very alert and smiley. He's definitely his dad's child... minus the hair. I just can't wait to watch him grow and see his little personality develop.






 He had to be in a Bili Bed for a few days to help the Jaundice.. 
that was no fun but he handled it pretty well


My boys on our first walk


1 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, he is so sweet. What a beautiful boy and one brave Momma! xo